Rigorously tested, exhaustively researched, and powered by 21st Century expertise; discover how American Energy Services is changing today’s energy sector.

Why is LED Lighting The Best Option for The Environment?

LED lighting has the latest technological advancements supporting eco-friendly processes and reducing carbon footprint. Our outdoor lighting experts discuss. Read the full article at: www.greatbasinlighting.com When deciding if LED is a worthy upgrade for your facility, one important thing to think about is the opportunity to brand as a Green Leader. Not only are LED’s more cost efficient, they are the most eco-friendly lighting upgrade option on the market! High-efficiency LEDs convert 95% of energy into light and only the remaining 5% translates into heat. Fluorescents do the exact opposite! On average, an LED light uses 40% less power than...

Read More

Internship Program Announced

Students gain insight into digital marketing following the success of first internship program at American Energy Services. Woodlawn, MD- American Energy Services introduced an internship program for collegiate upperclassmen, allowing students to gain hands-on experience in the field of marketing and connect with industry professionals. The program began in Spring 2018 and with its success, has continued over to the Summer term. The 9-week program was open to students with majors ranging from Public Relations, Marketing and Advertising in order to better understand digital marketing and apply classroom knowledge into a real life setting.   Current Interns include Jordan Arian-Nejad...

Read More

JCI smart GLAS thermostat uses Microsoft IoT to cut energy costs

Heating and cooling account for more than 40 percent of energy use in a typical home — the largest energy expense for most families. In commercial spaces, the cost is just as significant. To help consumers and businesses stay on top of their energy use and keep heating and cooling costs in check,… Read the full article at: blogs.microsoft.com IoT has been on the rise alongside technological developments. Luckily, this has benefitted the energy sector as more advancements have been made to devices to help monitor and control utilities. Microsoft developed a system, known as GLAS smart thermostat, using Windows...

Read More

Pa. towns are saving millions by teaming up to buy LED lights. It could be a national model – Philly

Thirty-five municipalities in Southeastern Pennsylvania used their collective purchasing power to convert their outdoor lighting to LED lights, an unusual collaboration.- Michaelle Bond, Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News… Read the full article at: www.philly.com As an increasing number of cities across the nation strive to reduce carbon footprints and become more sustainable, 35 municipalities in Southeastern Pennsylvania have taken a great step forward by collectively converting all outdoor lighting to LED lighting.   Changing street lights, parking lot lights and all other outdoor lighting will save these local communities about $1.4 million in annual energy costs and operating costs. Over...

Read More

School District Saves $394,000 on Utility Costs Over Three Years

Read the full article at: www.energymanagertoday.com The Shawnee Local School District in Lima, Ohio took on a project in 2014 by upgrading their lighting systems, both interior and exterior, in hopes of big savings. In addition, they installed occupancy sensors and smart controls to monitor and eliminate wasted energy. After an evaluation done in 2017, they calculated savings exceeding $349,000 which was $40,000 more than they were originally projecting. The electric consumption decreased by 12.9%, and gas by 12.7%. While these numbers may seem slim, they have contributed immensely to the amount of money saved over the duration of the...

Read More